Thursday, June 28, 2012

Row 80: a newbie try

I heard about Row 80 a little while ago, but between life and the fact that it was already in the middle of a round, I figured it was better to put it off (I know, story of my life and something I'm working on). Round 3 starts on July 2, 2012 and I've decided to take part.  I've done writing challenges before and I do find that the accountability and goal-setting tends to help me more than it harms me.  Over the years, I've learned to keep it challenging but reasonable, based on what is going on in my life and what I can honestly undertake.  I've learned the hard way what unrealistic goals lead to and it's never pretty.


I'm still percolating on the specific goals that I want to accomplish and I have a few days to finalize, but overall I want to:

  • write every day
  • get back to my Artist's Way morning pages (which would be in addition to my write every day word count)
  • write at least two stories

3 comments:

Kim Switzer said...

Yay! So glad you are joining in! This will be my fourth round, and through fine tuning my goals and connecting with everyone else and seeing their goals and progress, my writing life has improved enormously! It's a great challenge, most especially because it is so personalized. Welcome aboard!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great! Keep your goals simple the first time through. Looking forward to your updates.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great! Keep your goals simple the first time through. Looking forward to your updates.