Monday, January 14, 2013

catching up in 2013

It's been awhile since I made an update.  Life has been going in some interesting directions lately and I've been trying to keep up and take stock of everything as it happened.  I know the universe is trying to help me on my path to betterment and being who I'm meant to be, but some days it's so hard.

In the fall, I started teaching myself how to cook.  I've always enjoyed baking, mostly because it was something I could choose to do randomly...whereas, I've always felt like cooking is just this requirement, another thing to do after a long day at work when all I really want to do is curl up with a book and read.  It's going much better than I expected.  It turns out I'm a pretty good cook.  I've been using the crock pot a lot because it just makes cooking on workdays easier.  And it's definitely nice on the wallet (and the hips) to save some more money by not constantly picking up crap.

I also started writing more again.  It's not a lot, but I'm trying to focus on the positive part - I'm writing again. I've also picked Morning Pages back up - I find I'm much less crazed during the day when I've completed my pages - even though half the time I end up writing, "Me so sleepy" and "I can't think of anything to write."

There is more going on in life, but I'm not really ready to talk about it quite yet as I'm still trying to process and figure it out.

I do want to get back to blogging and especially participating in Wishcasting Wednesdays and Creative Every Day.

No comments: