Friday, December 11, 2009

weeks 8 & 9

Does it make flaking on posting my results any better if I say I was working out? Because I have been pushing myself to workout, but still can't get my lazy, sleep, oh-it's-nice-and-warm-in-this-bed butt up earlier to do it before work. So, at the end of a workday, I eat, workout, wash up, and go to bed to do it all over again. As for the weekend...uh, I have no real excuse. Except last weekend I was moving furniture all of Saturday night (don't worry, I didn't count that in my exercise) and Sunday I was exhausted because of it. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.



I have to admit that it's getting harder to park far away from places as it's getting really cold. It's not the walking, but the cold that bothers me. I have taken to being a weirdo in the office who randomly does bicep curls with a ream of paper in each hand while waiting for my copies. I'm pretty sure I'm broken.

(November 28th-December 4th)

Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 0 miles
Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 0 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 4 miles

Total for this week is 17 miles. It helped that I was on vacation, so I had more time to just go all-out with my workouts than I do when I'm working.

(December 5th-11th)

Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 0 miles
Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday - 0 miles
Wednesday - 0 miles
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 2 miles

Total for the week 12 miles.

As proof, this week was crazy work, so I only got the bare minimum in. However, I've come a long way with this challenge if my bare minimum is this now. And this makes me proud of myself. It's the funniest things I notice now, showing that I'm slowly getting in shape. I'm not where I *want* to be, but if I stick with it and continue to expand my range, I'll get there.

Still need to get better about adding yoga and tai chi into my routine. I'm thinking it will be a little easier now as I have switched in the master bedroom of my house and have plenty of room to do put my mat and blocks out right here on a more comfortable floor. That's if I stop listening to my morning demon brain.

I'm also hoping to get back to 5 days as week if possible with workouts as I'm doing another round of Biggest Loser on the Weight Watchers boards - go team Green. It really keeps me motivated.

No comments: