Monday, March 15, 2010

one pictures sums up life...


When I saw this picture on weheartit, my first thought was of how beautiful it is.  My second thought was about how much it makes me think of life.  Not just Mother Earth, but of my own journey.  It could be anyone's story really.  Currently, as you view the photo, you're on level playing ground, the road curves a bit and in the distance you can see that things are going up, you're moving toward something...but with that knowledge comes the fact that at some point, you have to go back down and start back on the road. 

And I love the surrounding trees as well. I picture them like all the people who help/hinder us along the way.  The random stranger who makes a compliment to you on a bad day.  The best friend who always listens to you vent.  The person who cuts you off on the road.  Everyone, good and bad, is right along side you on this path.

I look at this picture and it just reminds me that life is beautiful and scary and full of unexpected curves.  And I'm okay with that.  It's taken me a long time to get to a place where I can say such a thing, but it's true. 

No comments: