Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Review: I Know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee

I've been so busy reading that I haven't been keeping up with my reviews for challenges and such.  At least I usually manage to stay up on things at goodreads, but sometimes my brain is a scary place.  Anyway, i finished up the Non-Fiction Five Challenge with this lovely book.

Title:  I know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee

Summary:  Samantha Bee's hilarious essays on everything from her parents' views on religion and sex to her pre-Daily Show stint as a Japanese anime character.

My Review:  I loved this book.  Since I'm a huge fan of the Daily Show, I had her voice in my head as I read it, but I don't think that's a requirement for enjoying this series of essays that form a very interesting memoir of sorts.  I think it's very easy to understand how Samantha Bee came to be the very funny person she is today if the stories in this book are true.   It's interesting, unique, and a very quick read. 

My one warning:  This is laugh-out-loud funny.  My favorite part was when she was talking about Sailor Moon.  It was late at night and I'm not sure it was appreciated that I couldn't stop giggling like a maniac. 

Overall:  5 stars

No comments: