Wednesday, June 1, 2011

it's another wishcast

It's Wishcasting Wednesday!  I'm a bit late to the game today as work was crazy and allergies continue to try to murder me...I'm trying to push past the discomfort, but sometimes, it's really hard.

To all wishcasters:  Like a few weeks ago, I'm going to attempt to check in with each of you tomorrow, but please know that I'm sending all my hope/good vibes/wishing mojo to you guys - as you wish for yourselves, so I truly wish for you also.

This week Jamie asks:



 courtesy of we heart it


For about the last four months, my sister and I have become hardcore couponers.  Not to the insane level of people on Extreme Couponing (I see no need to buy things that I will never use simply because I can), but it's addictive and great to see the costs of your groceries going down.  Also, I've reached out to various organic companies and they've sent me coupons, which makes my life a bit easier and food not quite so expensive.

Now I need to branch out.  The past few years I've been really good about spending on most frivolous things and I'm slowly curbing my grocery bills.  That leaves ordering out.  My problem is that I hate cooking.  It's only made worse after a long day at work and with the weather being so hot lately...it's a waste of money, usually not a healthy food choice, and the time it takes order/wait could make food.  For me, I need to make that leap and understand that part.  That while it might seem easier to order something, in that time, I could've cooked something small - cheap and healthier.

I wish to remember these things whenever I'm about to just shrug dinner off.  I also wish to see an increase in my salary in the near future.  Money is really tight and a little wiggle room would be wonderful.

8 comments:

Ginny said...

As Mare wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. I don't order out but go out to eat way too much. This week I decided to cook at home and although I hate to cook we did eat healthier which is what I wanted to accomplish.
Good luck with that raise. Wiggle room always helps.

BunnyKissd said...

Sometimes, you have to weigh not just the monetary costs, but the mental costs too. If cooking is really a hateful thing for you (as it is for some people), then perhaps paying extra for eating out, or for convenience foods, is worth it. Oh! Mebbe you have a friend (your sister?) you can split grocery shopping & cooking with? Someone who likes to cook? You buy the groceries, they cook for you and all you have to do is reheat?

Either way, as you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well! ♥

ShanLeigh said...

Mare- as you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

The raise is coming. And may you learn to love to cook, or at least not hate it so much - that is, if that is what you want. :)

Anonymous said...

i got my husband and daughter to share the cooking. my daughter has taken a real shine to it :)

as you wish i shall wish for you also <3 g!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Well done on all that coupon work!
As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

Yes, to wiggle room! Raises are great. As you wish for yourself Mare, so I wish for you as well!

Beverley Baird said...

(Am finally getting around!)
As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
May you receive that raise and may all your wishes be fulfilled!
One of my favourite appliances is the slow cooker. Something as easy as putting a wloe small chicken in and adding some barbecue sauce. Lately I have been eatoing out more as I just can't face cooking! But I know we both feel better if I just cook a simple meal at home.

Marylo said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.