Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Time to let go of the past

It's been a crazy week thus far.  Early Sunday evening I started to feel icky and have proceeded to be down and out with a stomach flu.  I missed two days of work and am now just started to re-enter the world of the living.  Still feel drained of energy, but slowly improving.

And it's Wishcasting Wednesday and today Jamie asks:


courtesy of we heart it

I wish to let go of the anger I've been carrying around.  For the longest time, I've become convinced that if I forgive that means that I'm okay with the bad things that were done to me, but it's more about accepting that it happened and letting it go.  I want to stop carrying around all this garbage in my head and heart even though the wounds are scarred over.  It's time to let myself off the hook and to let go of the past and focus on my now. 

13 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Brava!! Love your energy in this wish.... wishing with all my heart...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also...

You may find my wish here. :-)

Anonymous said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Anonymous said...

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Such a great photo!
Wonderful post... letting go of "anger".
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. *hugs*

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Wonderful post. Letting go, sounds so easy but is quite hard. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Such a clear understanding of your situation!
As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sparkleblue Faery said...

Letting go of anger is always better. I saw a picture recently of a sign that said anger is like letting someone live rent free in your head. Or maybe it was holding a grudge. Either way, it's a good choice of something to let go. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Anonymous said...

That's a brave wish. Anger is powerful and I've never found it easy to give it up. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can so relate to the feeling that letting go of anger somehow makes the action right. It is hard to move past that conviction, isn't it?

May you find the release and peace that you seek.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Unknown said...

Ouch! You have a job to do! Once, I felt the same as you. The only thing that helped me was writing the Morning Pages. As you wish for youself,I wish for you also.

Sandra Marie said...

NOW is all we have ~ a wonderful wish! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

Tanja @ Crystal Clarity said...

I saw a great comment somewhere recently that forgiveness is nothing to do with saying that what happened to us is OK, and EVERYTHING to do with refusing it the ability to keep hurting us any more.

May you find the release you seek - as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

very nice to meet you. And that anger thing I have definitely struggled with- A BEAST!