Monday, January 18, 2010

100 Miles Fitness Challenge Round 2 - Weeks 1 & 2 check in



I started off the New Year strong, but by January 4th, I started to feel like crap. I ended up with bronchitis and that put me out of commission (per doctor's orders) through that whole week.

Week #1 (January 1st - January 7th)

January 1 = 3 miles
January 2 = 3 miles
January 3 = 2 miles
January 4 = 0 miles
January 5 = 0 miles
January 6 = 0 miles
January 7 = 0 miles

Week 1 Total = 8 miles


Week #2 (January 8th - January 14th)

January 8 = 0 miles
January 9 = 0 miles
January 10 = 0 miles
January 11 = 2 miles
January 12 = 2 miles
January 13 = 2 miles
January 14 = 2 miles

Week 2 Total = 8 miles


It was really frustrating being down and out for a week. Don't get me wrong. I haven't suddenly changed my mindset about how I approach working out. It's not something I look forward to and if my doctor would say to me, "You can eat pizza and still be healthy and in shape without doing anything" I'd be the first on that boat. I mean, there are activity things I would do, probably, but not as often as I do now. What frustrated me was that since September 2009, I have set up a routine. I have made exercise a part of my life the same way work and laundry and watching my favorites shows are. And I as scared that a week of no exercise would really mess that.

Also, last week I wasn't allowed "to push myself" so that was hard too, though important. As those small workouts were killer in ways they haven't been in awhile.

Thankfully, I'm back on track with my exercise. Now I'm working out trying to get back on track with eating much better. My big issue is my hatred of cooking, especially after a long work day. So I'm trying to plan ahead and figure out healthy meals that can be reheated or quickly tossed together.

No comments: