As part of Princess Bookie's contest craze, the blog,Forever Young, is hosting a giveaway, involving the creation of a list of the best five books read last year.
So let's get to it:
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - If you have not read the Hunger Game trilogy, I cannot implore you more to go get a copy now. If I had a copy to spare, I would send it your way. This last book ties up everything so perfectly in ways that can be so violent and heart-wrenching, but so true to the world that has been created. Katniss Everdeen continues to be one of my favorite characters.
2. Undone by Brooke Taylor - The book hooked me from page one and Serena's journey as she deals with mourning and moving on and making sense of life all resonated so well.
3. WAR by Sebastian Junger - It feels odd to say that a book about an outpost in Afghanistan where lives were lost was one of my favorite reads of the year, but it was. It was horrifying and sad. It was a book that made me stop and think about the things soldiers are facing and how ill-equipped some are to come home.
4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - It was one of those books that pulls you right in and manages to capture your imagination and heart within a page or two.
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - I loved this book and couldn't believe it took me so long to pick it up. Why had I waited? (finished Crescendo on Sunday and will put up review of that soon).