Wednesday, March 2, 2011

going against the grain of the question...

I'm trying really hard not to let someone else's issues mess with my day today.  I got angry, vented to a friend and my therapist, and have just realized even more that I need to get this toxic person out of my life.  The past few days...I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling more at peace with myself.  Not overly-happy per se, but not depressed and down on every single thing I do.

And it's Wishcasting Wednesday!  I love Jamie for her continuous brilliant and in-sync-with-universe questions and I love my fellow wishcasters.

Today Jamie asks:



courtesy of We Heart It


I saw this picture above and had to use it.  It's so perfectly what I need on a list.  Those are things I need to remember.

My immediate answer to this question was I don't want any limits.  As I thought about it more, I realized that remains true.  I know it's probably not the point of the question and I realize  that there needs to be a place where I'm comfortable saying, "enough," but I've spent so much of my life with limits on me - some set by others, most set by myself.  I think for now, at least for me, it's better to be more can-do than to think about the boundaries that need to be set up.  I've always been the "potential" girl.  The one word most often used to describe me throughout my life - she has so much potential.   The unsaid part was that she was just too scared to get out of her own way. 

This past year I've been learning a lot about myself.  I've let fear limit me.

It's time for that to stop.  Sure, there are things I don't want any parts of anymore - toxic people - but I need to more in tune with dreaming big at the moment. 

I wish to stop setting arbitrary limits on myself based on some skewed sense of self that no longer applies.

10 comments:

Cazamataz said...

Here's to life without limits from others and those wonderful feelings of peace....as you wish for yourself i wish for you also x

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful wishing...
As you wish this for yourself, I wish this for you as well.

Pam said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well...

Kim Switzer said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Jane said...

Mare ~ your life is precious, and beautiful! Take good care and give yourself tender compassion ~

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also ~

roxanne s. sukhan said...

As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

Unknown said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. I don't think we can laugh enough. It always makes me feel so much better.

erinrichardson said...

I love your answer to that question! As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well Mare. x

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

I love your picture. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Wsihing you healthy boundaries in your relationships with others and limitless love & joy & courage.