Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: Crescendo

I've been spending most of my free time writing or reading, but not updating about what I read.  Makes partaking in these challenges a bit precarious, but I'm working on it.

Book 4/12 for the 2011 Young Adult Challenge

Title: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Summary:  Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperatly searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

My review:  I loved this book from beginning to end. My only complaint was the cliffhanger at the very end, which left me wanting more right this second.

The story picks up not long after Hush, Hush with Nora and Patch together, but with the Archangels watching them closely (as he's her guardian angel), and slowly unravels from there. There is a lot going on in this book with Nora, her relationship with Patch, her father's murder, and so much more, but it all fits together wonderfully.

I continue to love the characters and the story as it unfolds and I'm completely engrossed in Nora and Patch and what happens next.

This was definitely a couldn't put it down read. I read the whole book in one sitting, not willing to put it down (ah, thank goodness for a lazy Sunday).

Overall: 5 stars

No comments: