Saturday, February 13, 2010

my mind is a foggy place

 

I can't remember where I found this picture.  If it's yours, please let me know so I can give proper credit.  I just adore it.  I love the foggy, quiet feel of it.  I love how you can't see the end of the bridge - where does it go?  What's waiting on the other side?

I haven't been feeling very creative lately.  Slightly drained, a lot emotional.  I'm guessing a large part of that was due to the first anniversary of my mother's death a few weeks ago.  The other part of it is just annoyances with work and life and whatever else I allowed to get under my skin.  The problem is that when I'm not able to write, even crappy sentences that no one will ever see, I feel even more disconnected and crazy.  Vicious circle.

I did have an AHA! moment on a current project.  It started as a screenplay, but as I began the second draft and noticed the plot holes, I realized that the narrative set up of this piece was much more suited for book format.  Unless I'm Quentin Tarantino, I can't get away with such a wordy screenplay (maybe once I win my first Oscar) that's not very visual at all.  So I have the basic outline/general story for a new young adult piece.  However, I'll need to start thinking up new and meaningful ideas for screenplay. 

I think I need to make some time for myself tomorrow or Monday (probably Monday as tomorrow is my sister's birthday) and just let my mind go blank and go with the flow.  Just write whatever comes out.  After all, crappy sentences are better than no sentences.  And crappy sentences can always be fixed.

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I would love to do that just let the mind go blank and recollect! Good luck!