Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I can be bold and dream big

My note from the universe today is so appropriate: 

Your secret blessing, Mare, is that no matter where you go in time and space, you only ever have to be yourself - as courageous, vulnerable, bold, or afraid as you may feel - to find yourself amongst friends.
So loved,


The Universe
 
It was a good way to start the day and a good thing to be reminded of.  And it's also wishcasting wednesday, which always provides me with a chance to explore my journey.  I hated that I missed last week - evil back trouble and a root canal left me wanting nothing to do with the computer - but I've been doing better with my regular journaling again.  I tend to go through peaks and valleys with my journaling these days.
 
This week Jamie asks:
 
 
 
courtesy of We Heart It

The immediate answer is my life.  I wish to transform my life.  And while that is a good thing, it's part of my ongoing problem with change.  I don't know how to appreciate small transformations and wish to blink my eyes and POOF, everything is as I dream it to be.  I overlook the hard work and emotional growth and investment necessary to make great transformations occur. 

I have been off all types of soda for 42 days now.  Considering how much of a soda fiend I was, this is a huge victory for me.  Do I allow myself to celebrate it or do I focus on all the things that I haven't conquered in those same 42 days?  I need to think about my life differently and appreciate all the changes I've made so far so that I can move forward and reach that next step.

Right now, I want to transform my health.  I had done so well when I was on Weight Watchers, dropped 75lbs, and hit a wall when money got tight.  It was all emotional, all self-sabotage, and I'm slowly understanding those triggers.  For me now, it's about starting over, to stop waiting for the perpetual Monday to come and just do it.

I wish to make the conscious decision to eat better and move more.  If I stray, I want to understand why I'm doing that - do I simply want a piece of pizza or am I getting in my own way.  I wish to be all those things my note from the universe says I am - bold, courageous, vulnerable.

11 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Wow. 42 days without soda? Seriosuly? You are my she-ro!

Amazing.

And transformation... oh, beloved.

As Mare wishes for herself so I wish for her also!

My Transformation wish....

erinrichardson said...

As I read this, I wanted to say at least you know - know yourself that is. You show more self honesty than most have the courage to admit, Mare. I think you're doing great : )
I've been without soda since the new year. I can't believe I'm enjoying water with a slice of lemon these days!
As you wish for transformation in your life, so do I wish for you as well.

Unknown said...

As Mare wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. You have made incredible strides already in reaching your goals. Celebrate each step and before you know it you will be where you want to be.

Cindy Kranz-Jones said...

WTG 42 days w/o soda! Woo-hoo!

If you don't take care of yourself, the undertaker will overtake that responsibility for you. ~Carrie Latet

As you wish for youself, I wish for you also.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Beverley Baird said...

A wonderful wish and such a great journey you are on!
As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Sarah Lulu said...

Amazing ..you are improving your gorgeousness!

As you wish for yourself I lovingly wish this for you also. xx

Grammy said...

I only drink soda if out dining now. I did not think I could do it but now it is the last thing I want to drink.

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you. :)

Sandra Marie said...

You should be SO proud of yourself...no soda AND loosing 75lbs - BRAVO!! Neither are easy accomplishments. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Great job, you should be very proud of yourself. Keep it up :] As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Mare wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

My transformations are a slow layer upon layer affair. Yet, I still long for an earth shaking one, an over night thing like you do. It would be so much easier and exciting to start over with a new "fixed" me. Until we do, let´s work together little by little. :)