Monday, January 3, 2011

first writing update

I know we're only three days into the new year, but I'm quite proud of myself for making my writing goal every day. Today, I'll admit, was quite tough.  I just didn't want to do it.  My sinuses are killing me - eye goo is never pleasant - and it's my last day of vacation with a very inviting bed of warmth.  Finally, I picked up the first season of The Wire on dvd and have become sucked into the world of Baltimore detectives.  It's so good.  While I enjoy television, I'm usually not the girl who can sit and watch episode-after-episode of a tv show, but I watched six episodes today.

Still, I got my 250 words in and I didn't worry too much about edits.  I'm still a bit OCD when it comes to making sure every sentence is perfect, even in my first drafts, but I'm trying to catch myself and let it go. 

No comments: