Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taking some time to wishcast

This weather has put me in a bit of a funk.  Coupled with ongoing sinus issues and this being the month of doom & gloom in my life, well, every day feels like a battle at points.  I'm doing pretty well overall, but there are moments where it's a struggle.  Like at this very moment, my eyelids feel so very heavy and all I want is to curl up and sleep.

Instead, I will focus on something energizing and happy.  It's Wishcasting Wednesday.

Today Jamie asks us:


courtesy of We Heart It

Hunger always elicits such an immediate negative connotation for me.  As someone who has spent the majority of her life struggling with weight and body image issues, I'm still working on realizing what an actual feeling of hunger is and what I'm hungry for.  Am I eating because my body requires fuel to function or am I stuffing myself to fill a different sort of hunger, one that I'm afraid to face or don't think I deserve?  It's funny how words can come to have such different meanings to people for the strangest of reasons.  

I do get hungry for things, crave and wish to feast, but I've always let people's judgements (perceived in some cases) and my own fear stand in the way. It leads to me being unhappy and me trying to squelch the hungers in the wrong ways.

Over the course of the last couple of years I've been working on understanding these things.  Figuring out who I am and what I want and what I need.  So what hunger do I wish to feed?  I want to feed my dreams.  I want to devour my creative ideas and allow them to manifest as they were meant to.

What is your wish this week?

14 comments:

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Glorious wish Mare! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. xx

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As you wish for yourself, I so wish for you as well with all my heart.

Here is the link to my wish this week: http://tinyurl.com/4ogz74n

Stephanie said...

I so relate to this. What is the deeper hunger? A question i often ask myself when I find myself scarfing down cookies. do I deserve to feed that hunger...very poignant.

As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you.

Jen said...

As you wish for yourself, I so wish for you as well with all my heart.

May you fill your hunger with delicious creative dreams!~

Pam said...

As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well...
Beautiful post!

Cazamataz said...

What a delicious wish..... as you wish for yourself i wish for you also x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the photo you chose for this!

Our dreams are so very very important to us, and this is a significant wish! As you wish for yourself, I'll wish for you as well.

Grace

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best-you will find the balance you need.

http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/01/wishcasting-wednesday-feeding-my-hunger.html

Ceanne said...

Great wish and great post!

As Mare wishes for herself, I truly wish for her!

keishua said...

I love the cups. I love your wish. It's amazing to feed your creative dreams! As you wish, so I wish for you, too.

Unknown said...

A beautiful wish for a beautiful woman!

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Loved the image you chose to illustrate this post!
As Mare wishes for herslf, so I wish for her also.

Morgaine Pendragon said...

As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Mare - this is beautiful... and I am with you 100%... no, make that 1,000 percent!

As Mare wishes for herself, so I wish for her also...

See my wishcast here!