Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 13: Reverb 10 (Action)

Today's Reverb 10 Prompt:

December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

I need to get back into a routine of getting up in the morning, working out, dealing with real life things such as work and family, and then carving out time for myself to write.  I'm always happier when I'm creating and writing, even when it's like pulling teeth or I'm feeling stuck or I'm just writing something that no one will ever see but me.  And while I will never be the girl who loves to work out - I pretty much dread every second of it - I do love how I feel when I'm able to surpass an old fitness level or break a new record or just that I showed up and took care of myself even when the voices in my head were telling me not to even bother.  Mostly, I love that I feel stronger and healthier and capable of anything.

It's just doing what I've already done, but not letting the bumps in the road completely undo me.

2 comments:

ShanLeigh said...

I need this too. I know I do, but I hate to work out. HATE IT. Good for you for making working out a priority. Everything else will follow. Now I need to just practice what I am preaching here. Did I mention I HATE to work out? :)

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Oh, I'm with you. I hate exercise so much. My trainer has heard me complain on more than one occasion about it. I think it's part of why I love Jillian Michaels because she open admits that she hates exercise but knows how important is - she was the first person, especially in a position like hers, that said that.