Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3: Reverb 10 (Moment)

 And now today's Reverb 10 prompt


December 3rd:  Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

The sweat was pouring down my face as I did the steps from memory.  I was suddenly the dancer I was always meant to be, someone out of A Chorus Line auditioning for a chance to show strut my stuff and be a star.  I was confident and, while red in the cheeks and breathing hard, it was a healthy, fluid type.  I felt good.  I felt in shape.  I felt like I could do this weight loss journey, including the fitness because it allowed me to do forty-five minutes of hardcore dancing in a way I hadn't in so long.

The chords of the music start again as I line up to begin the number just one more time.  Committed to memory.  I'm flying and dancing.

It was a good night.  Simple and full of all that I am capable of.

No comments: