Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 15: Reverb 10 (5 Minutes)

Today's Reverb 10 Prompt:

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)

1) Hanging out with my friends on my sister's birthday, playing rock band and chatting.
2) Finding Katniss, the survival kitty, and knowing that she had survived and was healthy.
3) A few of my hard therapy sessions where I made some discoveries about the anger/grief I carry around and being able to admit to myself and say, "I had bad parents."
4) Getting told by another trainer at the gym that I was working hard, kicking butt, and she could tell that I had it in me to get fit.
5) Hanging out with some of my friends that I don't get to see very often for dinner and chatting.
6) The first time I was able to make it through an Advanced Bootcamp class, sweat pouring down my face, huffing and puffing, but able to do it all.
7)  Becoming a finalist in a writing contest and getting some good feedback on my young adult novel's direction.
8) My sister buying me a new computer for all that I've done to help her since my mother died.
9) My sister coming to a therapy session with me and learning I wasn't alone and that I managed to do my job and protect her from things.
10)  Seeing the new Harry Potter movie and loving every second of it.

1 comment:

ShanLeigh said...

I love this list. So honest and full of memories, probably good and bad. May 2011 bring you much success. You have a bright future!