Friday, December 31, 2010

Three More Reading Challenges

I'm hoping to do much better this year with my reading.  The problem with falling into pits of despair is that even those things you love just seem tedious and hard.  Anyway, these three really sounded fun.


First up, is the 2011 YA Reading Challenge hosted by For the Love of YA.  Since I'm addicted to young adult books (research!  How can you write and sell YA if you don't read it?), I figure this is right up my alley.  And there look to be a lot of great YA books coming out this year, not to mention all the ones out that I haven't gotten to yet.  There are four levels to this challenge, going from 12 books to 50+ YA books to read.  As I'm still a newbie to reading challenges and such, I'm sticking with the The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.



Second on my list of challenges is the Harry Potter reading challenge from Daemon's Books.  The breakdown for this challenge is, as follows: 

1. January 1-31: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone in the UK)
2. February 1-28: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. March 1-31: Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban
4. April 1-30: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. May 1-31: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6. June 1-30: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
7. July 1 – August 31: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

This wouldn't be my first time reading this series of books.  I've loved them for a long time, but after seeing Part One of the last HP movie, I had been thinking about re-reading the series and this gives me the chance to do it with others.


Last, but not least, is the Vampire Challenge 2011 from Parajunkee's View.  When I was younger, I was lured to the world of vampires by the likes of LJ Smith and movies like the Lost Boys.  It's stuck and over the years, gotten much worse.  It seems reasonable that I would read as much vampire fiction as I could get my hands on.  The goal is to read twenty vampire-based books over the course of the year.

Between these three and the Mini-Challenge I signed up for, I'm hoping this will keep me on track to read fifty books this year.  Not a lot for some, but a nice amount for me.






No comments: